Production Blog: A scramble to film

     As my the parents of one of my team members pestered us to hurry up, I began to panic. This panic was because I realized it wasn't just the pressure of the parents. There was also the pressure of the park closing. This fear almost made me mess up our film in ways I didn't expect.

    First of all, my teammates didn't know what to do or film while I thought of a plan. This led to them just recording random bits and clips that most likely won't end up in the final cut. As they kept berating me to be apart of a scene that they had know idea what to do after. Then, I realized something. Not only did our script not work out, but we also didn't have a director. So I assumed the role of the director and told everybody what we were gonna film and how we were going to do it. They practically forced me to be the main character, but preferably being a director or recorder would've been my pick. 

    Moving on, I stopped the filming of the random clips and began to take charge. While following me, I explained the scenes we were going to need for the movie. I made them tape a scene of me walking towards the light because I thought of a clever transition that I'll do in post. The next scene I made them film was the main character flashing a sign on a fence to deter people from going in the actual park.

    Of course the sign and fence weren't actually real warnings, but rather we painted them out to be in the footage. Now keep in mind so far and for the rest of the film day, I had directed every scene. As well, had to personally check the footage and scope out the right angles and distance the camera should be, all while keeping mental track of the requirements for the film. Now obviously this would be fine if there wasn't a time restraint and if we had planned me out to be the director, but we didn't. After the sign scene, I then made them record a normal long shot to be footage for where I will overlay a voice memo.

Comments

Popular Posts