Production Blog: The last stretch of film day

    With half of the film done, we were almost done. However, we had to traverse a large part of the park in the dark, meaning a struggle for me to find the exact location of our most important scene. I had been planning this huge build up to a scene where we saw the monster killing someone down in a "trench" like area. This divot near the lake was perfect as it set up a beautiful shot to show that our main character had some breathing room to run. Now although I had it planned out, I couldn't find the location.
    Now this wasn't because of memory whatsoever, but rather because of how I chose to remember the location. The location was around the lake closer to the entrance near a broken tree, but it was too dark to see specific trees or how close we were to the entrance. As I searched with my team, I began to tell them to get the blood ready because in this scene we'll be actually be needing the blood now. The blood would only act as a small detail and wouldn't be that important. Once I found the approximate location I had in mind I began to set up everything in the scene. I had one of my teammates bags be a prop and as well found a twig to be a knife for our monster/killer. 
    Except the team member that was meant to be the victim didn't want to go in the divot because they were too scared. This took a huge chunk of time as we had to stand there convincing them to go down in the divot. Eventually I had to slide down into the divot with them to show them it was fine. We filmed multiple takes once everyone was in place and I had showed my team member, who was recording, how the scene was going to go down. I was pretty happy for the tapes except for the fact that on my favorite one the team member filming laughed slightly in the middle of it, except I was hoping I could edit that out.
    The few shots we had left would be the shortest and some of the easiest. The shots we needed next were just the MC bumping into someone and then telling them to run. This set up would allow for us to do a continuation, of the chase we had been filming, at a later date. As I directed the actors the and recorders on how and what to do, we had troubles with the parents once more as they began to stress even more because it was extremely late. This ruined a few takes, but luckily a lot of the other takes were still really good. Anyway, we wrapped up and went off on our way while keeping sure to stay safe and not trip or hurt ourselves.

Comments

Popular Posts