Production Blog: Day 1 of Editing

    First thing, I decided to be the main editor (and only editor). This allowed me to create and edit everything to how I envisioned it. And I had envisioned mostly it while filming. As well, I chose to continue using Adobe Premiere Pro to edit it as I had been using it for all the rest of my projects. This allowed me to immediately jump into editing when I went the library that had this program. The reason why I went to a library in the first place was because they provided Premiere Pro for free, and I also didn't have a computer of my own. 
    This meant that I could have a high quality editing software that I've always wanted to work with. However, I had to deal with the problem of only being able to work after school after taking a public bus to the library. Now of course I didn't want to work alone, so sometimes I brought people from my group to help make creative decisions, but it ended up with less work getting done. As well, I brought friends of mine to help give their opinion so that the film had been getting judged and changed even in the editing process. 
    My process consisted of organizing all the footage, along with cutting them to the size I want, and then adding transitions. This took some time as I had to go through all the different clips of scene and then determine which one was the best pick. I also had to remind myself what did what in Premiere, but it quickly came back to me. After finishing with the footage, I realized we hadn't filmed enough footage. 
    After I warned my group that we didn't have enough footage, I began to try and slow down some scenes while using extra scenes that weren't even intentional. For example, I had to use a scene of the monster up close, which ended up being some of the people that I showed favorites. Eventually, my teammates responded and told me to do things that I already did to try and lengthen the film. They said they couldn't do another film day though because of personal things so I was stuck trying to figure out how I could personally record. I figured I could end the film with a drive scene because it was doable and only needed me, the main character, so that's what I planned to do before continuing to edit.

Comments

Popular Posts